1. Start Adobe Photoshop.
2. Create a new Image/Document File -> New
3. I am using H 225 x W 3600 pixel for this tutorial
4. Select the color you want your ric rac to be
5. Select the Rectangle tool
6. Draw a rectangle on the canvas. Don’t fill the entire area or the waves of the ric rac might be cut off
7. You will need to rasterize the layer, Layer -> Rasterize -> Layer
8. Next select Filter -> Distort -> wave
9. Here are the settings that I use
10. Your ric rac should look something like this
11. You can now add texture, or layer styles to give it more definition. Here is an example of adding some inner shadow.
The freebie today is a PDF version of this tutorial and the ric rac I created in the tutorial
You can get these here at 4shared.